[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Sep 18 00:26:36 UTC 2010

On 9/17/2010 5:13 PM, Lawson English wrote:
> The Mac OS X version isn't in there yet, right?

It is, but the support is incomplete. I haven't made my way through the
Apple Certificate APIs which means that you cannot:
* Verify a server certificate (it will always fail)
* Specify the certificate for a server (i.e., no Seaside support)
Depending on what you're trying to do this may still be sufficient. If
all you need is https access for encryption and don't care about the
certificate validation it will work fine. If you need more then you're
out of luck for now.

Cheers,
   - Andreas