Window Switcher (Re: [squeak-dev] Morphic)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:54:00 UTC 2010

Hmm. Is this the same taskbar-like morph that loads with Polymorph? I'd be pretty happy to find out which package that's in.

While I miss Polymorph a *lot* less since we've cleaned up the default look and feel, I still feel that our window management is pretty awful. I'd really like to be able to minimize windows, and cycle between them in both directions, without touching the mouse.

I'm aware that I can cycle through windows when no morph has focus and the hand is over the world, but this doesn't help that much when I'm programming, because an editor virtually always has focus, and the reason I want to use the keyboard is specifically so that I don't have to grab the mouse.

I've gone looking for how to do this a few times in the past, but my understanding of the system was insufficient to figure it out every time. Maybe I should try again now.