[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Morphic

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun Sep 19 15:52:50 UTC 2010

Jimmie Houchin-5 wrote:

> I do like the idea of having multiple OS
> windows available to the app developer.

See Mars[1]

Jimmie Houchin-5 wrote:

> So I do understand, certain real world use case requirements for
> interfacing outside elements. I just don't believe the UI is really one,
> especially when counter examples are so incredibly abundant and are some
> of the biggest apps in use anywhere and often written by the OS vendor.

iOS?  Esteban said at ESUG that you must have them to be accepted in the app
store

I think whether we individually care or agree with native widgets doesn't
matter, and wastes valuable resources that could be put to improving Morphic
;-).  There are people that want them and if we can provide things that
people want, great.  I personally won't use native widgets myself for the
same reasons you mentioned, but I'm happy to have it as an option.

[1] http://smallworks.com.ar/en/community/Mars