[squeak-dev] OCompletion in 4.1

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:00:06 UTC 2010

On 9/19/10 6:41 PM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to load OCompletion in 4.2 without success.
>>
>> I tried to load from Monticello, with OCLoader, but when I try to write in
>> some Workspace, I get:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: SmalltalkImage>>hasBindingThatBeginsWith:
>
> We should probably add a compatibility method to SmalltalkImage, but newer
> versions of OCompletion don't send this method.
>

>> I tried to load from MetacelloRepository, but, I don't know what to do with
>> the configuration loaded, because DNU latestVersion.
>>
>> There are a safe way to load it?
>
> I have a working version, but since the license of OCompletion is unclear
> to me, I won't publish it. Instead, I'll give you a script so you can
> reproduce most of it:
>
> Installer ss
> project: 'RoelTyper';
> install: 'RoelTyper';
> project: 'OCompletion';
> install: 'ECompletion-djr.squeaktrunk.103';
> install: 'Ocompletion'.
>

> Levente
>

>> Cheers.

Levente:
 The scripts works well in the growing FunSqueakCog
, thanks.

As I do not remember how use it , searching google gives me this paper

http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes/papers/ASE2008-completion.pdf

If any (Giusseppe ?) could make a help for we have into .image quick how to,
i include in the next .8. Version

Edgar