[squeak-dev] Etoys 4.1 Release Candidate 2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 22 10:53:07 UTC 2010

On 22.09.2010, at 07:03, Kjell Godo wrote:

> I think that the eToys that comes on the OLPC should have the full
> Squeak development environment open up if you click on the right menu
> command.

It does. On the OLPC XO there is a special "view source" key that brings up the source code for every program. In Etoys, it shows a menu with access to browsers etc. On other machines, try "command-comma" to see it (chosen to be similar to command-period which brings up the debugger).

>  Kids should be able to program in Smalltalk on the OLPC!
> Use the tutorial from the new Pharo distribution to teach Smalltalk.
> Make a simplified Browser like in the Programming Robots book that can
> be used also.

Agreed. It would be awesome if you could make a project that has those tools open. We would happily add it to the "Examples" section.

If you have that, please upload it to our tracker at

	http://tracker.squeakland.org/

And of course, other improvements are welcome too. The Etoys inbox is open at

	http://source.squeak.org/etoysinbox.html

- Bert -