[squeak-dev] Re: MVC debugging

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Sep 24 11:41:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 09:16:56PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I was playing with MVC but I noticed something odd. With the latest
> changes, the pre-debug notifier shows up nicely in MVC but when you go
> to actually debug things the resulting debugger doesn't show - instead,
> when you back into the parent (Morphic) project, another notifier shows
> there.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this?
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

That would be a deferred UI event getting scheduled in the wrong world.
The culprit seems to be  class>>openOn:context:label:contents:fullView:
which is sending #addDeferredUIEvent: to WorldState rather than
Project current.

This is from one of our recent changes, and needs to be changed back
to use Project current. Unfortunately, "fixing" this exposes other
problems.  Try opening a debugger in MVC, then switching back to Morphic.
Very entertaining, but save your image first ;)

Dave