[squeak-dev] [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:19:42 UTC 2010

On 9/23/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/10 2:59 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/22/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip
>>
>> Hi Edgar
>>
>> Thank you for putting this experimental image together.
>>
>> I'm pleased to see BabySRE
>> (http://folk.uio.no/trygver/2004/babysre/BabySRE.pdf) of Trygve
>> Reenskaug loaded in there.
>>
>> However I cannot access the halos of the morphs. They are locked. In
>> the Preferences Browser I was searching for 'halo' and then for 'lock'
>> but I did not find something suitable.
>>
>> I assume the halos have been locked by some other project....
>>
>> Regards
>> Hannes
>>

> Weird...
>
> In my Mac , the right button opens halo.

I still do not get the halos on Windows, however I did

   DemoEllipseSRE new openInWorld inspect

and then I get menu if I click on 'self'
   SREcollaboration and
   SRE object browser

So for the time beeing this is fine for analyzing object nets and
creating collaboration diagrams.

> I have the BabyIDE image from Trygve, which is 3.10.
> Try to port the Baby and all windows/examples to Fun.
> Think my quick dirty fix for IconButton could work for export all
> SystemWindows and load into Fun.
> Also , as Alex Bergel is part of our café, he sends info about his last
> Mondrian to our group.
>
> If you use Pharo, do not miss this !!!!
You mean Mondrian? Which version of Pharo? I have 1.1 (the release of
July, 26th 2010).

And I downloaded the most recent core.
http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

> Have Pharo 1.1 loaded and could figure out I need as pre-requisites
> Announcements-StephaneDucasse.23 and ProfStef-Core-LaurentLaffont.12.
> This two load and the tutorial of Stef should be into .9 of Fun

Yes, the ProfStef tutorial is very nice. It should be in FunSqueak.

> Unlucky us, also need Polymorph.

> I have a Polymorph all.1 , 608k of Monticello, but do not loads .

> Thinking in I must resurrect my old RemoteCommand.1.cs for conneting two
> .images via TCP and send via DNU from Fun to Pharo and "learn" the missed
> class/ methods back.
>
> Sleepsless in Rosario :=)

OK, so please have a rest.... - no need to hurry. :-)
We just need to properly keep track of things so that they can be
picked up easily two weeks or months later....

The easiest is well written emails with enough keywords so that we can
google for it.
(or wiki pages)

HJH