[squeak-dev] Re: Morphic

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 25 12:13:49 UTC 2010

On 25.09.2010, at 09:41, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> I found
> How Morphic processes events
>   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/118
> written by Andreas Raab in 2003
>
> Could somebody have a quick look at it and tell me if this still more
> or less applies to the current Squeak and Pharo implementations?

I think this is still how it works in Squeak.

However, it is not quite complete, because it stops at "Finally, the user-level handler (#mouseDown:) is invoked."

It goes on from there: The default implementation (Morph>>mouseDown:) actually triggers the registered event handler. This is what makes #on:send:to: work.

However, many subclasses implement #mouseDown: thus breaking that mechanism (which admittedly was introduced later).

- Bert -