[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Updated FunSqueakCog4.2-10549-alpha.8.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 29 21:48:45 UTC 2010

On 9/29/10 1:09 PM, "Ken G. Brown" <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:

> Edgar,
> A pat on the back from me for your work on FunSqueak.
> I haven't been able to have a look at it recently but intend to one day when I
> get a chance.
> I think it is important to keep that old stuff available.
> eg Connectors is something I definitely want to use at some point.
>
> Thx!
> Ken G. Brown

Working on it.
Connectors on Fun as now coming from the install of muO, like some others as
Regex, etc.

As said before, is almos the same we have in 3.8
Today i working in Bert link of Etoys, just discovering some differences
between trunk .image and Etoys.image.

Still fighting some fonts oddities
Preferences standardEToysFont is different and TextStyle actualTextStyles
seem working different

Its necessary for create the Connectors flaps with

    ConnectorsInfo createConnectorsFlaps.
    ConnectorsShapesInfo createConnectorsFlaps.
    ConnectorsBasicDistroInfo rebuildObjectsToolIcons.

Also when merging, loading or just try to unload old Connector .mcz have
image blowup coming on SystemWindowButton.

Thinking in go back to .4 stage (see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6159) and
lAd and install Connector coming from etoys before and see if problems gone.

Edgar