[squeak-dev] encouraging the ACM to provide some Mac pages templates

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:50:15 UTC 2011

Hi All,

    I've just seen Theo's call for papers for the Dynamic Languages
Symposium in October and I'm going to write a paper on Cog.  Alas I see that
the ACM has yet to provide any templates other that for Word and LaTeX.  I'm
a fan of Apple's Pages word processor for Mac OS X, part of their iWork
suite, as I'm sure many of you are.  Anyway, I have this morning contacted
the ACM's Electronic Publishing Manager, Gerald Murray, and he has asked me
to send him an email asking for such a template.  He can't make the decision
on his own but has agreed to submit the request higher up the chain, and as
we discussed it would help if I could add additional voices in support.  So
if you are interested in a Pages ACM paper template or you're interested in
other researchers having access to the same please reply to this email,
indicating whether you're an ACM member or not, and whether you've submitted
a paper or three beforehand, and I'll add your name and email address to my
submission.  Also feel free to spread this request far and wide to other
Mac-centric folk who would be interested. I'll send the email on Monday,
April 4th.  And just so you're sure,  this is /not/ an April Fool.

AdvThanksance.

best
Eliot