The future of Morphic (Re: [squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Apr 2 10:29:36 UTC 2011

On 02.04.2011, at 01:42, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> Yes!
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Not quite a plan yet, but great idea!
>>
>> The old FullMorphic could be maintained as part of Etoys.
>
> Another possible solution is to implement Andreas' idea about Community Supported Packages* (which slight modifications) and maintain it there. Of course, it has to be made unloadable/loadable first.
>

> Levente
>
> *http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html

Yes, that's basically what I meant. Etoys should become such a package too, and it would go together with the full Morphic package because it needs it.

The only progress we made so far to the goal of folding Etoys back into Squeak was to switch to Monticello packages. But eventually that's where I see the future of Etoys, rather than as a fork.

- Bert -