[squeak-dev] Re: [Croquet/Cobalt] Portal

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Apr 2 23:02:58 UTC 2011

On 4/2/11 1:25 PM, Craig Latta wrote:
> Hi Patrick and all--
>
>> You should really have a look at the latest release of Cobalt:
>> http://bit.ly/ij60bP
>>
>> John and Matthew have done yeoman's work with the elbow grease and
>> polish recently. This latest release includes a "Collaboratory" space
>> that supports collision detection (with walls and objects at least).
>> And it's quite stable and responsive even on my old Dell D620 laptop
>> under XP.
>       Cool! Have you been using any shared spaces with other folks
> recently? I'd like to try that again.
>

>       thanks,

We at Morphle Inc are hoping to start using Cobalt for our meetings soon
(on islands hosted by ourselves naturally, eventually running on our own
custom hardware). Once Matt gets the port of Cobalt to 4.2 finished, I
am hoping that the rest of the Squeak community will start using it (and
contributing to it!!!) as well.

Cobalt is still the best marketing tool for Squeak out there, IMHO, even
if no-one really knows about it (yet).

Lawson