[squeak-dev] re: Pie-menu-like soft keyboard?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Apr 4 15:48:06 UTC 2011

> "Craig says he has a pie-menu-like soft keyboard tool that he uses on
> touchscreens, which sounds interesting."
>
> Is this pie-menu soft keyboard code available anywhere?

     Dang, no. It's sitting on a machine with stuff I haven't brought to
Europe yet. It was an MVC prototype though, from back when I was using
Squeak on the iPAQ, a machine which didn't have the oomph to run Morphic
tolerably.

> I'd try to adopt it for Android since its own soft keyboard input
> method integration still has some issues, and it also covers about 1/3
> of the screen in landscape mode.

     This one covered a bunch of the screen, too (at least on a QVGA
iPAQ), but with a hole in the middle around the typing focus. More of a
donut than a pie. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta