[squeak-dev] re: Pie-menu-like soft keyboard?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:11:17 UTC 2011

Craig,

Craig wrote:

>     This one covered a bunch of the screen, too (at least on a QVGA
> iPAQ), but with a hole in the middle around the typing focus. More of a
> donut than a pie. :)

OK, I didn't think of it such way, but this sounds interesting to have
a hole showing a bit of the typing area. I am targeting tablets
anyway, so the screen is big enough.

Since it's not available I'll do my few last efforts to make Android
soft input method work (they seem to make too much of assumption about
line pre-editing such as handling the backspace key internally rather
than just sending a key code to the activity in focus). If that fails,
I'll try to implement this donut-shaped thing.

Thanks for the idea ;)

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web