[squeak-dev] Re: Refactoring Browser and Rewrite Engine for Squeak

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:33:26 UTC 2011

SqueakMap is the most appropriate place for this to be registered;
Help>>ExtendingTheSystem is now obsolete.

Colin, if you don't mind selecting "Create new Release" from the
SqueakMap context menu, and pasting that script in, we can then have
it accessible via a UI that is already built into Squeak.  Please name
the release that loads the latest-and-greatest, "head" and that will
always be sorted to the top.

If you would also paste in an equivalent script, but with the current
version-numbers hard-coded in, and save that one under your normal
version naming scheme, then we will have one that will be guaranteed
to load successfully into 4.2 forever, since 4.2 is frozen.

If the owner of the RefactoringBrowser and RefactoringEngine packages
(Marcus Denker) has departed the community, I will add the "Community
Supported" category to those packages so that we in the community can
add new releases to those packages similarly, starting with the above
scripts.

SqueakMap is really easy now, and that's why, when 4.2 was released,
there were only 2 or 3 packages listed in the SqueakMap browser.  Now
we have over 18 software packages for the production 4.2 release that
are ready to load straight from the catalog.  SqueakMap is going to be
the definitive list of available, working software for Squeak, so if
your package is not listed you don't want to be left out; we should
use it.

 - Chris