[squeak-dev] Re: Refactoring Browser and Rewrite Engine for Squeak

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:48:58 UTC 2011

On 4/6/11, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> SqueakMap is the most appropriate place for this to be registered;
>> Help>>ExtendingTheSystem is now obsolete.
>>
>> Colin, if you don't mind selecting "Create new Release" from the
>> SqueakMap context menu, and pasting that script in, we can then have
>> it accessible via a UI that is already built into Squeak.  Please name
>> the release that loads the latest-and-greatest, "head" and that will
>> always be sorted to the top.
>
> Erm... I don't see any "Create New Release" item in the context menu.
> Are we talking about the brown window that opens up after selecting
> "SqueakMap Catalog" from the App menu in a 4.2 image? Or something on
> map.squeak.org?

I assume map.squeak.org to include the load script. See 'Designer' for
example. In that case it is a Metacello configuration load.

The brown window in the App menu is for users to fetch and execute the script.

> I haven't used SqueakMap in a long time (not since 2005, apparently)
> so I'm not up to speed on how it works.

So passes the time .....

In any case -- I would welcome that you could paste in addition the
current load script for the release (4.2-10950 and the current
development head version 4.3) in an email here as well.

I just tried to execute the load script in the 'extending the system'
workspace in 4.2-10950 and it gave a walkback (I cannot say if it was
the script or a network problem though)

--Hannes