[squeak-dev] SmalltalkHub

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:21:25 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-07 2:53 PM, Colin Putney wrote:
> Sure, it's possible to map Smalltalk code into files, but there's
> always an impedance mismatch there, and file-oriented tools tend not
> to be good for working with Smalltalk code.

Agreed. With that said, I have an experiment in Squeak<-->Git versioning
visible here:
http://vapour.eighty-twenty.org/gitweb/?p=squeakgit.git;a=tree

It's not a perfect mapping, but it feels reasonable. Perhaps others can
suggest improvements.

The code itself is both in Git (at the above URL) and in MC on
SqueakSource, http://www.squeaksource.com/Git.html . To get a feel for
it, check out GitSynchronizer class>>test and GitSynchronizer>>commit,
in the GitCode package.

Regards,
   Tony