[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 06:35:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Which file should I use to get your version?

I didn't published my new version yet. I restarted the SimpleMorphic
package with code exported from the latest Cuis [1], then tried to
adapt the SMx package to this new code. Now I can enter a
SimpleMorphic project, bring up the menu, and return to the previous
project. But I have problems with loading this new SimpleMorphic
package into a fresh trunk image (the problem is with the order of
class initialization). I'll try to get the code out soon.

> http://www.squeaksource.com/SimpleMorphicSqueak/
>
> Or shall I go for the version of Edgar?
>        SimpleMorphic-edc.11.mcz
>
> Did you have a look at his changes?

Yep. I think Edgar, you are a bit lighthearted with overrides. Luckily
I think, we can get rid of them:
 - One set of these overrides occur in MCTool ui building. MCTool uses
ToolBuilder sometimes, sometimes not. If we would use ToolBuilder
everytime, this problem would go away. Nicolas has a simple change in
the inbox, which fixes this (Monticello-nice.404). IMO we should adopt
it.
 - The other is ProgressInitiationException >> defaultMorphicAction.
It's sent by said class' defaultAction:

defaultAction
       Smalltalk isMorphic
               ifTrue: [self defaultMorphicAction]
               ifFalse: [self defaultMVCAction].

Edgar added isSimpleMorphic to PasteUpMorphs, and branched on it in
defaultMorphicAction. I think we should go in the opposite way and
replace isMorphic sends with dispatching on UIManager default or
Project current. What do you think?

Balázs

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-April/158650.html