[squeak-dev] Inbox cleaning

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Apr 11 23:00:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I rejected System-djr.305.mcz to the TreatedInbox
> (
> Move (and delegate) Smalltalk>>hasSpecialSelector:ifTrueSetByte: and
> friends to SystemDictionary.
> The Refactoring Browser' tests expects it there and it makes more sense to me.
> )
>
> Rationale: specialSelectors & co are system attributes.
> Thus it seems to me more natural to ask the System (Smalltalk) than to
> ask a namespace (Smalltalk globals).
>
> Sorry, we can't wait for an hypothetic democratic decision forever,
> someone has to play the dictator :(

Another solution is to open an issue for each pending contribution
on mantis and discuss them there.

Pros:
- all previous thoughts/ideas are available at the same place, nothing
will be lost in the mail archive
- it will be known which packages are for which contribution
Cons:
- not all developers follow mantis issues

But if we decide to use an issue tracker - which would be great - then the
cons will be gone. So the question is: will mantis be accepted and used by
all developers or should we look for another issue tracker?

I know some people don't like mantis and I think I know why, but mantis is
good enough for our needs IMHO. Even though it seems to be complicated,
it's pretty easy to use it, if you're willing to spend a few minutes on
learning the basic features.

Levente