[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-fbs.338.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Fri Apr 15 21:56:50 UTC 2011

On 2011/04/15 22:36, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Frank Shearar wrote:

>>> What is the decision on this?
>>>
>>> And: Do we need to keep the old versions in the inbox?
>>
>> Levente said that _all_ versions should be into Treated when
>> everyone's happy, so that we have complete and entire Monticello
>> histories.
>
> Did I? If so, I was wrong. All versions will be moved to the Trunk after
> the merge is done. This happens with all merged contributions, why would
> this be an exception?
>
> Since everyone seems to be happy, I'll merge it real soon now.

Er yes, that's what I meant. And exactly: we need Trunk to have a
complete history.

Maybe I misunderstood the point of Treated? Its name suggests that it's
a better place than Inbox.

In which case, am I correct in saying that submissions go in the Inbox
and, if they're approved, go straight into Trunk, while Treated means
"we looked at it, but there's something wrong with it" or similar?

frank