[squeak-dev] Inbox and Communication

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:19:49 UTC 2011

Personally, I think we should leave the names alone and let the
'ancestry' determine the... ancestry.

Because otherwise the names could get "out of sync" with real
ancestry; or some tools of the future would invariably rely on parsing
names (yuck) to determine ancestry rather than the actual domain.

I, personally, don't think such naming is that great of a benefit;
because whereever there are majorly-different branches of a package,
they are worked on in different *images*; and they don't even have to
be in separate MC repositories at all, even with FileBased; because
you can see the real History straight from the domain object
(MCVersionInfo) via the "History" button, which excludes all of the
versions from the "other" branch.  So I don't see that complicated
naming solves any real problem..

 - Chris