[squeak-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub demo online

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Apr 19 20:06:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first public demo of SmalltalkHub:
> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr
>
> You can explore SmalltalkHub at:
> http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/explore
>
> This is an alpha quality demo, please use it for testing purposes only.
> Several features that will be included in the final release are missing,
> especially:
>
> - Team management
> - Client-side scripting features
> - Full commit lists
>
> Still incomplete features:
> - the UI for cloning is incomplete, especially, the list of forks is
> missing
> - The issue tracker is only partly implemented
> - Several admin tools are missing
> - The explore page misses a few things

It looks really promising, the code browser is really snappy, I like it.
Though there's a small bug: if you browse a trait's class side, the server
will be unresponsive for a while, then give a proxy error (502). To
reproduce it, browse
http://smalltalkhub.objectfusion.fr/user/plantec/Miro/Source , select the
only version of the package, then in the code browser, select Miro-Traits,
select a trait, then click the Class tab.

The syntax highlighting is cool, but in Squeak (and probably in Pharo too)
methods can have custom (non-smalltalk) syntax. It would be nice detecting
these cases and not highlighting such code.

Levente