[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-nice.570.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Wed Apr 20 00:02:30 UTC 2011

Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-nice.570.mcz

Name: Kernel-nice.570
Author: nice
Time: 20 April 2011, 2:01:43.829 am
UUID: 3b5fd891-4f36-4a7a-8187-ec1ff8f1887d
Ancestors: Kernel-dtl.569

Remove #cachedStackTop
Rationale: we can't always add, we must also remove
More: it's unsent, old, implementation is weird, a request on squeak-dev about this method raised no interest, comment is outdated, no longer true and intimidating, which is probably the main reason for such long survival.
Last chance to struggle against unawareness of a casual commiter just passed.

=============== Diff against Kernel-dtl.569 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: MethodContext>>cachedStackTop (in category 'private-debugger') -----
- cachedStackTop
- 	"WARNING - this method depends on a very dirty trick, viz. snitching information off the variable stack of a particular CompiledMethod.  So if you add/remove a temp in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably, this method will fail, probably with some horrible consequences I'd rather not think through just now ... assumption is that the variable declaration in that method looks like:
- 		| sendingContext result homeSender |"
-
- 	^self tempAt: 3!