[squeak-dev] Moving selected packages from one SqueakSource project to another

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:44:44 UTC 2011

I faced the same issue when I did the MC stuff; and I did it the
tedious way.  Our time is too valuable so I wrote a script we can use
going forward:

| trunk inbox packageName |
packageName := 'ToolsTests'.
trunk := MCRepository location: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'.
inbox := MCRepository location: 'http://source.squeak.org/inbox'.
trunk
	missingAncestryForPackageNamed: packageName
	do:
		[ : each |
		(inbox includesVersionNamed: each versionName)
			ifTrue: [ trunk storeVersion: (inbox versionNamed: each) ]
			ifFalse: [ Notification signal: each versionName , ' not present in
' , inbox asString ] ]

Load my latest Monticello package to be able to execute this.

 - Chris

----- unrelated details -------

You can see I wanted to do for the whole thing via
#obtainMissingAncestryFrom:, but blasted SMBase has a cycle in its
ancestry; which it should not, causing a endless-loop.

Which is why you should use the script above until I can figure out
how to fix SMBase..