[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:27:12 UTC 2011

2011/4/20 Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de>:

> Am 2011-04-20 um 15:44 schrieb Germán Arduino:

>>> I would be certainly interested in the errors.
>>
>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>> WAPharoWalkback).
>
> Ah, that one…, -.-'
> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.
>
> That is a Seasdie problem, after all.
> Possible solutions:
> 1) hack the imaged and add MethodContext>>tempScopedNames to return self tempNames
> 2) persuade the Squeak community to rename tempNames to tempScopedNames (just kidding)
> 3) persuade the Pharo community to re-rename tempScopedNames to tempNames (well, just kidding, too)
> 4) persuade the Seaside-developers to
>        a) Create a WASqueakWalkback that is like the WAPharoWalkback but uses the indicated message or
>        b) make the tempScopedNames-message ‘greasy’, ie, marked as platform-dependent.
>

> BTW: when a Walkback is popping up, there must be a root cause,
> would you like to seek for that?
>
> So Long,
>        -Tobias

Yes, sorry, the error I get is:

Stack Trace

   1.

      thisContext
          EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>undeclared:
      self
          {an EncoderForV3PlusClosures}
      name
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      sym
          nil

   2.

      thisContext
          Parser>>correctVariable:interval:
      self
          a Parser
      proposedVariable
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      spot
          (617 to: 633)
      binding
          nil
      userSelection
          nil
      action
          nil

   3.

      thisContext
          [] in Parser>>variable
      self
          a Parser
      varName
          nil
      varStart
          nil
      varEnd
          nil

   4.

      thisContext
          [] in
EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:
      self
          {an EncoderForV3PlusClosures}
      name
          nil
      range
          nil
      action
          nil
      varNode
          nil

   5.

      thisContext
          Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
      self
          a Dictionary('false'->{false} 'fileName'->{fileName}
'next'->{next} 'nil'->{nil} 'project'->{project...etc...
      key
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      aBlock
          [closure] in
EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:

Anyway if you press Proceed the installation ends ok. Not time still
to check if all is working.

Thanks!