[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-nice.571.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Sat Apr 23 07:59:23 UTC 2011

On 2011/04/23 00:40, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-nice.571.mcz

> Name: Kernel-nice.571
> Author: nice
> Time: 23 April 2011, 2:39:41.455 am
> UUID: 2bd91b82-067a-49c9-a7a7-61771de27b3b
> Ancestors: Kernel-nice.570
>
> Connect the new DomainError
> Correct (-1 copySignTo: 0.0) to return a negativeZero.
> Add hyperbolic and inverse hyperbolic functions
> Add plenty of Complex missing methods and few mathematical functions:
> 	i (multiply by 1 i)
> 	raisedTo:
> 	conjugated
> 	sqrt
> 	squaredNorm
> 	arcSin arcCos arcTan arcTan:
> 	sinh cosh tanh arSinh arCosh arTanh
> Speed up a few complex functions by using #real:imaginary: directly rather than intermediate arithmetic operations.
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-nice.570 ===============

My complex maths is way too rusty to comment usefully on ar*, except
this: Nicolas, you're implementing the principal value form of these
functions, right? (So we're using the branch cut along (-\inf, 1).)

Do you think it's worth pointing out in a comment, just in case someone
forgets that these functions are, properly, multivalued?

(How often do people use non-standard branch cuts, I wonder?)

frank