[squeak-dev] RFB change request

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:10:06 UTC 2011

Hi Ian,

This code:

RFBSession>>#unimplemented
     "Make some noise when encountering an unimplemented feature.
Strictly developer lossage."

     self log: 'unimplemented'.
     "Smalltalk beepPrimitive."
     Transcript endEntry

has a slight difference than the method you wrote. Using Smalltalk
instead of, I think, SmalltalkImage is throwing an error with your
latest SqS RFB in 4.2. Your code hasn't changed, but Squeak has. Last
year there was a whole issue of whether to use Smalltalk or
SmalltalkImage. It got fancy, Andreas consolidated some things,
consulted the community, etc.

 From my point of view, if I am to use RFB, then I have to comment out
this line every time I download it from SqS before it will work for me.
If I you could make some kind of change to your satisfaction, so I don't
have to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris