[squeak-dev] Re: TextMorph takes to much space in layout

r2ruyu-nana at yahoo.de r2ruyu-nana at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 16 18:08:53 UTC 2011

Hello again!

To my mind we're talking at cross-purposes. Sorry for the misconception!

On Sunday 14 August 2011 21:57:02 Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> r2ruyu-nana wrote:
> > isn't there a way to make TextMorph behave like an ordinary Morph
> > concerning hResizing:#spaceFill?
>
> That's what your first try was doing. The TextMorph was exhibiting the
> regular #spaceFill behavior, namely filling the entire horizontal space.

Indeed, the TextMorph fills the entire horizontal space, *but* it also takes
more vertical space than needed. Only after calling #layoutChanged (direct by
the call, or indirect by typing sth. in the widgets) the vertical space
problem gets corrected and everything is fine.

Is there a way to fix the vertical space problem without calling
#layoutChanged?

Have a nice day!
   r2ruyu :)