[ANN] New image (was Re: [squeak-dev] cannot run unit-tests under Cog)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 11:47:02 UTC 2011

On 8/20/11 8:55 PM, "H. Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, there seem to be problems: I run today all 3012 tests with a
>
> ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.3alpha/Squeak4.3alpha-11636.zip image
>
> The tests do not run through all with the most recent Windows Cog VM.
> With an earlier VM they do.
>
> --Hannes

I forget annouce you have a new manual build in
ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.3alpha/Squeak4.3alpha-11636.zip image

Test under  Squeak 4.2.5beta1U (mac PPC compatible, a must for me)
3012 run, 2986 passes, 7 expected failures, 15 failures, 2 errors, 2
unexpected passes

Failures
CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter
MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromFile
MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromStream
MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorAt
MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorInstVarAt
PackageDependencyTest>>#testExceptions
PackageDependencyTest>>#testMonticello
PackageDependencyTest>>#testST80
PackageDependencyTest>>#testSystem
PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilder
PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilderMVC
ProcessTest>>#testAtomicSuspend
RWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testExisiting
ReleaseTest>>#testNoObsoleteClasses
WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812

Errors
CompiledMethodTest>>#testPerformCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
CompiledMethodTest>>#testPerformInSuperclassCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps

The test crash the newer Squeak 5.8b4

Contrary to some , having a Cog VM which runs all and say

3012 run, 2992 passes, 5 expected failures, 15 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation
CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter
MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromFile
MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromStream
PackageDependencyTest>>#testExceptions
PackageDependencyTest>>#testMonticello
PackageDependencyTest>>#testST80
PackageDependencyTest>>#testSystem
PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilder
PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilderMVC
RWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testExisiting
ReleaseTest>>#testNoObsoleteClasses

Windows test must wait as having troubles using remote computer, but can say
all test run.

I like to do a SqueakCore image if all agree and beg Board write a nice mail
to Pavel Krivanek, we need a SqueakKernel

Edgar