[squeak-dev] [Bug][Fix] In ReferenceStream, code review request

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Dec 6 02:04:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 05:02:57PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> >Given apparent agreement that this is the correct approach, and considering
> >this as a bug fix (not new feature) for ReferenceStream, I have moved
> >Juan's changes to trunk.
>
> After these changes we have five new errors when running all tests:
>
> BitmapStreamTests>>#testMatrixTransform2x3WithImageSegment
> BitmapStreamTests>>#testShortIntegerArrayWithImageSegment
> BitmapStreamTests>>#testShortPointArrayWithImageSegment
> BitmapStreamTests>>#testShortRunArrayWithImageSegment
> BitmapStreamTests>>#testWordArrayWithImageSegment
>
> The problem seems to be with DiskProxy's serialization, because the cause
> of the error is that it's not found in the structures dictionary during
> materialization.

Thanks for catching this.

The problem is certainly in the serialization, because #testMatrixTransform2x3WithImageSegment
should be writing a file called 'bitmapStreamTest.extSeg' of size 1549 bytes,
but after the ReferenceStream changes the file is only 1380 bytes in size,
indicating that something that should have been written to the file is
now missing. I'm not sure of the cause though.

Dave