Why is SystemChangeFileTest >> #testClassAdded failing (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: 4.3 Release Schedule: Feature freeze today)

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Thu Dec 8 12:00:31 UTC 2011

Hi Levente!

2011/12/8 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>:
> I think double logging is not a real issue. It may slow things down a bit
> when you're recovering from the changes, and make your changes file a bit
> larger, but it's better to log it twice, than none, which is the current
> case, when you create a class from code.
>
> So, I suggest uncommenting the logging of class additions in SmalltalkImage
>>> #event:, then turning off logging in Browser >> #defineClass:notifying:.
> Any objections?

You are right. I left this out to avoid duplicate entries in the
changes file, as it used to be that way since I guess 3.6.
And I had the concern, that on a fileIn there would be duplicate
entries as well, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
(I guess a comment would have helped here :}

So I guess it's ok to uncomment that code as well.

Alex