[squeak-dev] [ANN] Koans for Teaching the Basics of Smalltalk

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:24:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Christopher Oliver <
current.input.port at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:30:13 -0800
> Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is interesting because it does *not* freeze in my Qwaq-derived work
> > image.  Here the interrupt key works perfectly with no delay.  I'll see
> if
> > I can investigate.  Andreas, do you recall doing anything to the debugger
> > to fix issues like this in the Qwaq system?
>
> I'm not seeing any difficulty with alt-. on Linux either crashing out of
> 100000 factorial
> or 50 benchFib.  This is with Cog 2508.
>
> What platform is giving the grief?

If I try 100000 factorial on the Mac in a trunk 4.2 image and I hit
command-. the debugger does not appear.  If, on the Mac with the same VM, I
try 100000 factorial in my Qwaq-derived image the debugger comes up
immediately I hit command-. .  So the difference is not the platform, but
the image.

> --
> Christopher Oliver <current.input.port at gmail.com>

--