[squeak-dev] The broken user interrupt, or the saga of 100000 factorial.

Christopher Oliver current.input.port at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:00:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:34:15 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Just in case it is useful to someone: In Cuis, both '100000 factorial'
> and '[true] whileTrue' can be interrupted without problems.

For the factorial, try 'proceed' from the initial debugger window and then re-interrupting.  :-(

I'm having no trouble at all with [true] whileTrue on 4.2-10976 whereas 4.2-11819
hangs on that test.

I tend to agree with Bert that disabling the logging is a good idea pending a clear understanding about the root causes.  As it stands there is a Preferences setting for
this, but that also shuts off the LowMemoryDebug file as well.  Would anyone miss it
if the preference was shut off by default?

--
Christopher Oliver <current.input.port at gmail.com>