[squeak-dev] Re: The broken user interrupt, or the saga of 100000 factorial.

Christopher Oliver current.input.port at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:00:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:40:42 -0800
Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> sutff about how VW handles use interrupts.

Sorry about my last screed.  I was unaware that user interrupt handling had moved into EventSensor.  That will
teach me to open my mouth without reading ALL of the relevant the code first.

Since new images handle user interrupts onboards rather than in the VM, do we really need to carry along
the old InputSensor>>primSetKeyboardInterrupt: and InputSensor>>primInterruptSemaphore: anymore?
If those can be discarded, then multiple attn keys as in Elliott's example are trivial to do as the argument
to primSetKeyboardInterrupt can be other than an integer.  It seems to me that given current event handling
the methods in InputSensor are a bit of a red herring to trap the unwary (me), and they should be jettisoned
save for setting the VMs interrupt key to something that simply can't be typed on startup.

Thoughts?

--
Christopher Oliver <current.input.port at gmail.com>