[squeak-dev] simple example of glTextureBind in Squeak?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Dec 20 15:57:25 UTC 2011

I'm trying to figure out how to load and use an image as a gl texture.
I've bounced my head against this for several hours over the past 2
days. I've looked at the texture manager code but not  getting it. Since
it depends on TForm, which is a Croquet/Cobalt object, it wouldn't be
possible to use it directly even if I did understand it (yes, I looked
at TForm as well, but still don't quite get what is going on)

  Is there a simple example of how to load a texture with squeak and use
#glBindTexture:with: so that it can be used in the NeHe tutorial 6?

I have a vague idea that I could allocate ExternalMemory and BitBlt into
that and then hand that off to the #glBindTexture:with: call,  but I
cant find out how TextureManager does it and I thought perhaps I should
make sure I'm doing it the best way if I'm writing a tutorial how-to for
the public-at-large.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/code.

Lawson