[squeak-dev] How to publish software for Squeak 4.3

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:57:10 UTC 2011

El mié, 28-12-2011 a las 10:28 -0600, Chris Muller escribió:
> SqueakMap is the the standard way to register and make applications
> available for Squeak users.
>
> Now that we have a new release of Squeak, I'd like to point out some
> new documentation for how to:
>
>   1) publish software for Squeak, so that it will appear in The Catalog.
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6181
>
>   2) designate any existing projects in The Catalog which had appeared
> in the 4.2 list to 4.3, so they will appear there.
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6180
>
> By following some simple new publishing guidelines:
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182
>
> the SqueakMap catalog is the ONLY tool that meets the requirements
> identified by the community over the last two years:
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6183

This wiki page has been created Dec 16, 2011, so 10 days online. Is hard
to believe that is official and agreed by the "community" and not just
created after the squeak map "features". It seems biased to me biased
and that many of the features are artificial for practical purposes like
the one of "installing from every source on earth". At the end of day
squeaksource is used by most people no matter their frequent downtime.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz