[squeak-dev] How to publish software for Squeak 4.3

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Dec 28 21:25:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:28:16AM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> SqueakMap is the the standard way to register and make applications
> available for Squeak users.
>
> Now that we have a new release of Squeak, I'd like to point out some
> new documentation for how to:
>
>   1) publish software for Squeak, so that it will appear in The Catalog.
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/779
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6181
>
>   2) designate any existing projects in The Catalog which had appeared
> in the 4.2 list to 4.3, so they will appear there.
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6180
>
> By following some simple new publishing guidelines:
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6182
>
> the SqueakMap catalog is the ONLY tool that meets the requirements
> identified by the community over the last two years:
>
>       http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6183

Thanks for these links. I have updated the SqueakMap entries for
OSProcess, CommandShell, and TimeZoneDatabase so far. I also added
a new SqueakMap entry for the SystemTracing package, which can now
be used to produce a fully-functioning 64-bit image version of the
new Squeak 4.3 release image.

Dave