[squeak-dev] Re: final 4.2 image available

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Feb 2 01:19:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> The best I can tell you is that Metacello was not able to download the
> OCForOB package from the the omnibrowser repository ... I looked at
> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob and there is no OCForOB package in that
> repository either the package was removed or the Metacello configuration is
> in error.

There used to be the following in the #squeakCommon section of #basline12:
in ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser-GuillermoPolito.70:

 	package: 'OCForOB' with: [
 		spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion';
 		requires: #('OCompletion' 'OmniBrowser' 'OB-Standard')].

But now it's just

 	package: 'OCForOB' with: [ spec requires: #('OCompletion' 'OmniBrowser' 'OB-Standard')];

The repository is specified for Pharo in it's own section, but not for
Squeak. Btw both Pharo and Squeak should use the latest version of OCForOB
from the OCompletion repository on squeaksource. But first the
configuration of OCompletion should be updated and my Metacello knowledge
is not enough to do that properly (adding stable versions for both Squeak
4.1 and 4.2).

> Looking a little closer, it looks like 4.2 is supposed to use the same set of
> packages as Pharo which implies that the repository should be
> 'http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser' in the configuration baseline
> and not http://source.wiresong.ca/ob. My guess is that the packages were in
> the package-cache when the configuration was tested.

I doubt that would work. Lukas' version of OB has Pharo specific code
which is not compatible with Squeak.

Levente