[squeak-dev] Re: final 4.2 image available

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:51:51 UTC 2011

On 2 February 2011 02:19, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>

>> Looking a little closer, it looks like 4.2 is supposed to use the same set
>> of packages as Pharo which implies that the repository should be '
>> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser' in the configuration baseline
>> and not http://source.wiresong.ca/ob. My guess is that the packages were
>> in the package-cache when the configuration was tested.
>>

> I doubt that would work. Lukas' version of OB has Pharo specific code which
> is not compatible with Squeak.

Just in case anyone is still having problems getting OB into a 4.2 image...

I put a pragmatic solution for this into the inbox as Morphic-MAD.512, but
the problem with the unexpected changes to the postscript and pre-amble seem
to have derailed its adoption, so for anyone having problems with the
"Extending the system" samples:

"Omnibrowser including Refactoring engine and OCompletion. Version 1.2"
Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository'; install:
'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #version:
with: '1.2') load: #(Dev).

"Omnibrowser latest release - may include Pharo-specific code!!"
(Installer ss project: ''MetacelloRepository'') install:
''ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser''.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #lastVersion)
load: #(Dev).

I've just tested it with a virgin 4.2 install, and the first snippet loads
OB fine.