[squeak-dev] 4.2 Japanese support

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:37:27 UTC 2011

The problem with the Japanese font file is serious in that the entire
Japanese community would need to select "Update Squeak" in order to be
able to change their Locale.  OTOH, this could be useful for
introducing the idea that Squeak is updatable that way.

Hmm...  I guess will create one more image and re-do everything...

Our development process must be able to support applying fixes to past
releases.  Any minor issues we find for 4.2 after this will be applied
to the squeak42 repository so that 4.2 users can "Update Squeak".

Stay tuned..

 - Chris