[squeak-dev] Re: Error: Instances of StrikeFont are not indexable

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:43:36 UTC 2011

> It's not magic. LanguageEnvironment >> #fontDownloadUrls contains the url

Things that subvert the ability to trace the code statically are what
I refer to as "magic".

In this case, the problem is completely opaque from the debugger (see
original stack-trace from Bernhard at the top of this thread).  You
just see #installExternalFontOn:encoding:encodingName:textStyleName:
at the top (bottom?) of the stack and no one sends it.

Now after three days I finally came across it in the SAR's preamble.
But sheesh, I wonder why is it necessary to fork that?  We should
either not fork or at least tag it as <magic: 'called from from the
SAR preamble'>.

 - Chris