[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.2

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Feb 11 23:20:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> I'd like to call Squeak 4.2 finally officially released now.  I posted
> the first maintenance "fix" to the squeak42 repository the other day,
> so our process for applying maintenance updates has been tested, in
> case we should need any more.  I'm still waiting for final web-site
> updates from Janko, but I see no reason to postpone announcing any
> longer.

Great, thanks. I think we shouldn't add too much maintenance fixes. We
should keep the Trunk "release ready" instead. :)

> Thanks so much to Levente, Igor, Andreas and many others who
> contributed.  Our development process seems to be working, and that
> deserves credit for us having ended up with a pretty good release this

About the developement process: I think we should clean the Inbox ASAP, to
let future contributions flow in and motivate people to keep contributing.
There's some 8+ months old stuff there which should be merged to the
Trunk. So, I think Core developers should increase their activity and
start merging/discussing Inbox contributions. We should keep it clean
in the future.

Levente