SqueakBootstrapper (was Re: [squeak-dev] A Bootstrap Compiler)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Feb 17 00:15:39 UTC 2011

Hi Yoshiki,

Thanks very much for SqueakBootstrapper. It's a most interesting idea!

I'd like to experiment further with the code you've shared, but I am
having trouble getting your SqueakBootstrapper.image to start, and so I
hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, namely:

  - Which virtual machine are you using it with?

  - How different is the MObject hierarchy inside it from the MObject
    hierarchy in John's original (current) MicroSqueak? Could I start
    from John's MObject code and simply add your MCompiler code?

  - Alternatively, would you be willing to provide fileouts of the
    MObject and MicroSqueak code from your dev image that others could
    file in to theirs?

Again, thanks very much for sharing your work.

Regards,
   Tony