MCMs (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: PackageInfo-Base-nice.53.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Feb 17 05:36:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 16.02.2011, at 02:06, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
>>  I used to create new mcms in cases like this, just to be sure. :)
>
> Ah. And I wondered where all the MCMs come from. I had a hunch it's way too many ;)

Most of my mcms are not like this. Usually the load order has to be
defined for the changes of a single package.

> You only need to create an MCM if you need to force loading a specific package version (and not a newer one), or if you need to temporarily change the load order.

This is how I created mcms so far, though IIRC I only changed the order of
the packages within an mcm only once. It's easier to create an extra mcm
than reordering the package list. :)

Levente