[squeak-dev] add repositories to Monticello by script?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:03:32 UTC 2011

Hi Ken.  Pretty much anything can be done "by script" in Smalltalk.

The +Repository button just executes a chunk of Smalltalk code.
Here's how I answer this sort of question.

Just type the text ("+Repository") of the menu item or button you want
in to any workspace, then press Command+Shift+e.  This shows all
methods with a literal string containing that as a sub-string.

>From there you can trace the code of how repositories are added to the list.

I recommend turning on "traceMessages" preference to make this and
overall Smalltalk development much easier.

HTH,
  Chris