[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] new Cog VMs

mkobetic at gmail.com mkobetic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 07:16:07 UTC 2011

I'm probably doing something obviously wrong, but I have no luck with the Cog VM. It crashes immediately on startup even with the stock OneClick image. I downloaded the Pharo-1.1.1 OneClick images. Fetched the latest coglinux.tgz (r2340), untarred it into the pharo directory and just trying to run it from the top-level pharo directory as:

	coglinux/squeak Contents/Resources/pharo.image

crashes immediately (with or without the -vm-display-X11 option). This is on latest Fedora 14. The old VM seems to have no problem when I try to run it the same way:

	Contents/Linux/squeakvm Contents/Resources/pharo.image

seems to start just fine. I can copy the stack dump from the crash, but since most seem to be running fine, I suspect I'm just not doing it right. What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Martin