[squeak-dev] [4.2] image format vs. latest updates (was: Did we break the trunk?)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:04:16 UTC 2011

I cannot upgrade a 10779 image using a 2202 Linux VM, however, I can
using a Cog VM.

The possible outcomes for the 4.2 release are:

  a) We release the 10779 image as 4.2.  None of the recent updates
would be included.
  b) We release the 10847 image as 4.2 saved under a Cog VM.  It would
not be able to be launched by the interpreter or older VM's.
  c) Debug it.

Debugging might be difficult since the system is upgrading itself.
Certainly it would be impressive..