[squeak-dev] Re: Extended Clipboard

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 3 19:11:21 UTC 2011

On 03.01.2011, at 18:59, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> http://www.smalltalktelevision.com/cutpaste.png
>
> It seems children using the OLPC understand this better than I do: cutting & pasting an image to/from Etoys/Sophie.
>
> Pressing Command+Control+Shift+3 I put an image of the desktop in the clipboard. I can't see any other way to put an image in the clipboard.

Get any image editing or previewing app and press Cmd-C.

Or ctrl-click an image in Safari and "copy image".

Etc.

> Then it can be pasted into MSN Word or Sophie with a Menu drop down menu saying Paste.
>
> Apple doesn't allow anything but text to be cut/paste'd, it seems to me.

Dead wrong.

> Etoys has the Menu selections Cut/Copy/Paste, but I can't see how to select something or into what I'd put my desktop snapshot.

Just press Cmd-V. Etoys doesn't support the Mac menu bar (yet).

You can also copy out of Etoys - bring up the halo for an object and press Cmd-C. Then press Cmd-V in, say, your email program: