[squeak-dev] 4.0.3-2202 - core dump

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 4 20:50:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 02:02:49PM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> > In my view, we should revert the FloatMathPlugin changes in
> > Kernel-ar.531 for the Squeak 4.2 release, then reapply them to
> > the update stream immediately after the release.
> >
> > I believe that Matthew Fulmer indicated that this would be OK for
> > his Cobalt work (if I interpret his message correctly):
> > ??http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-December/156139.html
> >
> > Does anyone disagree with this? i.e. that the FloatMathPlugin fixes
> > in Kernel-ar.531 should be temporarily reverted, then reapplied
> > after the Squeak 4.2 image is released?
>
> I agree.  But, looking in the Version History of the "Kernel" package,
> it looks like the actual packages to revert are:
>
>   Kernel-mtf.527
>   Kernel-ar.528
>   Kernel-ar.529
>   Kernel-ul.530
>   Kernel-ar.531
>
> I can do the work.  For good review, would someone please confirm this?

It's not a big deal to revert it. I don't think there are any conflicts
in the more recent updates, so it's just a matter of undoing the changes
from one change set, and keeping a change set or mcd file that can be
reapplied right after the 4.2 release so the fixes go back into the
update stream.

But I would want to get Andreas' agreement on this before the
change is made.

> This is sad, because it means 4.2 won't be compatible with Croquet.  :-(

No worries, just start with your 4.2 image, do an "update from server",
and the first update will be those FloatMathPlugin fixes that we are
going to re-apply right after the 4.2 release version is declared :)

Dave