[squeak-dev] new Cog VMs

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Jan 4 22:46:26 UTC 2011

  Hi, Eliot and all,

With Cog VM.r2341 (Cog VM 4.0.0 (release) from Jan 2 2011) and vanilla
4.2-10779 image on Windows Vista, I have an interesting issue.  File
in attached change set and put the following line in a workspace:

BooleanArrayUser new loop

and do-it couple of times.  And, say, switch to web browser, surf some
web and come back and try the cycle again.  I get mustBeBoolean error
in the #loop method eventually.  In the debugger, the array often is
displayed as:

a BooleanArray(true true 1 1 1 1 1 1)

when all of slots should be printed as 'true'.

It is as if my version of #at: is bypassed and, say, right after GC or
something like that.

In a real "application", I get the error more consistently.

-- Yoshiki